Chicken with Ginger
- – Chicken thighs (500g)
- – Ginger (1tsp minced + 2tbsp julienned )
- – 4 cloves of Garlic
- – 4 cloves of Shallot
- – 2 fresh chilies
- – 1tbsp of brown sugar
- – 2tbsp of Soy sauce
- – Salt & black pepper to taste
- – Water
- – Cooking oil
– Cut chicken thighs into pieces .
– In a large bowl , combine chicken thighs with 2tsp minced garlic, 1tsp minced shallot, 1tsp minced ginger, salt & black pepper to taste . Marinate for 20 minutes.
– Heat oil in your pan , add 1tsp sliced shallot+2tbsp julienned ginger+1tsp julienned chili + 2tsp minced garlic , fry until light brown. Set aside.
– In the same pan , add 1tbsp sugar, 1tbsp water , cook until the sugar melts and turns dark brown .
– Add chicken thighs , cook for about 2 minutes , add 2tbsp soy sauce , 70ml of water . Cook until the liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes)